MP4 is a format for video files that are based on MOV video file extension formulated and spread by admired Apple Inc. This file extension is frequently superior in volume and consists of sophisticated video and audio codec’s. On the other hand, similar to other video files, MP4 might turn damaged due to plentiful causes and if you are disturbed by MP4 corruption files and require solving corrupted MP4 videos then you have landed on correct spot.
Listed below are reasons responsible for MP4 files corruption:
- Video recording when storage media is full
- Error with device or camcorder while video recording
- Obstruction during the transfer of file from one device drive to other
- Header MP4 file damage due to unfamiliar issues
- CRC errors during downloading process of MP4 videos
- Bad sectors or virus infection on storage drive consisting MP4 videos
- Modification of file format to something else could result in damage of MP4 video
Common scenarios in which video files might become inaccessible
Video files may become inaccessible due to several reasons but the most common scenarios are as follows:
- Virus Attack: Virus attack is one of the common issues for damaging the video file. If you download or share video file from an unknown server then there is a chance of attack of a virus to the video files. When your video file gets corrupted then the video file cannot be used anymore and as a result, it becomes inaccessible.
- Video File Corruption: Sometimes, the video file gets corrupted due to some errors. Such corrupted file cannot be used anymore and so it becomes inaccessible.
- Changing the file format: Sometimes your video file might also become inaccessible while changing the file format from one type to the other type.
- Codes Issue: Most probably, codes are used to run the specific software application. The file contains the coding issue then video file can’t be open anymore.
- Downloading Error: If any kind of error takes place while downloading any video file because of server issue or any other issue then the video file cannot be used anymore.
- CRC Error: CRC is a kind of technique which can be used to check the accuracy of data. If any video is being shared or downloaded then it should match with the received data. If it is an error then the video file may get corrupted and hence it becomes inaccessible.
How To Prevent Video File Corruption:
When video corruption takes place for the time it is not possible to prevent but there are some steps that you can take when it again takes place in the future:
- If you have notices video file corruption that is unrelated to the battery running out then it is always recommended to perform a microSD card format as soon as you can. Doing so will eliminate any temporary issues on the microSD card that might be contributing to corruption issues.
- Always keep an eye on the camera’s battery life indicator. If the battery needs to be recharged then stop any recording that is in progress and just switch off your camera.
- If you have notices any kind of error while transferring or copying videos from any device to your computer then you should try using a different mini USB cable or you should try to connect the camera to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, connection issues between the device and the computer can cause corruption to the video files.
- While recording a video, your camera turns off unexpectedly and causes corruption to the video, maybe there is an issue with your camera’s hardware. In such situation, always make sure that the camera is in perfect condition when you are going to shoot any video.
About Video File Repair
Sometimes users faces different issues related to their video files such as video stops suddenly, unable to play video, getting error while trying to play video, video file fails to respond, etc. If you face this kind of issue with your video file then it becomes very important to repair the file using any repair and recovery software. There are lots of video file formats that supports different media player. In this case, using Video File Repair Tool is one the best option. This tool is specifically designed to repair and recovery any kind of issue related to your video file. It is one of the most reliable and professional repair tools that can be used to repair damaged or corrupted video file. This tool is capable to repair video that used to get corrupted because of some changes made in the file format, virus attack, read/write error and compression issue. This tool can repair videos having different formats like M4V, MP4, MOV, F4A and M4A.
STEPS TO RECOVER CORRUPTED RECORDED VIDEOS ON MAC:
Step 1: Download and Install Video Repair Tool. Click on “Repair Video” to repair corrupt videos.
Step 2: Now click ‘+‘ or ‘–‘ in order to add or remove files.
Step 3: Click button to launch ‘Preview‘ of corrupt Video before repair.
Step 4: Video files are being repaired.
In this, you can easily repair and recover corrupted recorded videos on Mac very easily using the above steps.
Tips To Avoid Video File Corruption
Once a video file gets damaged or corrupt then it gets unplayable or you face error message whenever you try to play a damaged Video file. There are lots of factors that can turn a healthy video into a corrupt video file.
Some tips are given below that will help you to protect your video files from being damaged:
- Use a strong Antivirus program: Sometime video file gets damage due to the infection of computer virus/malware, this is very common issue that make a video file damaged. If you want to protect your media file from virus infection then you should use an updated antivirus program.
- Always make sure that camera’s battery is enough to record Video: If you record video file with a low battery camera then there is a chance that your video doesn’t save properly and so gets damaged. So it is strongly suggested that charge the battery of your camera before using it.
- Always use UPS with desktop system: While doing any video related operations if your computer gets unexpectedly shutdown then the related file gets damaged. To avoid improper system, shutdown it is recommended to take the help of UPS, this will prevent unwanted system shutdown and protect the file being damaged.
- Create backup of your Video files: Creating backup of all your data is the best practice to get rid of Video file corruption, through this you can protect your important file from any types of corruption issues. If file gets damaged or inaccessible then you can use the backup of your data and restore them without any harass.