XVID is a video file format which is widely used by the most popular XVID codec in order to help your computer play movies in extremely high quality. Because of its high quality and low file size, this file format is also known as the well known video format on the internet. But, sometimes, due to the significant usage of XVID files, errors are quite common which may results in corruption and doesn’t make it possible to play video.
However, fixing errors and corruption in such files is very easy and simple. But before going to solve this issue let us first see the reasons for damage to XVID files.
XVID video files can get corrupted due to the following reasons:
- Windows Registry corruption: Windows Registry is a wide database which used to keep track of all the referenced files on your computer. However, most of the times it happens that the registry file gets corrupted or damaged because of which XVID codec fails to read the DLL’s which is needed to play the XVID movies or videos.
- Xvidcore.dll Error: If you want to watch XVID videos in the system, there is a need to install XVID Codec. Installing Xvidcore.dll file on your PC aids you to play XVID movies and videos without any hassle. But if Xvidcore.dll file gets misplaced, corrupted or altered due to some unknown reasons, then your system may show error warning about dll file while trying to play the XVID videos.
- Other Causes: Intrusion of harmful viruses, improper, installations of XVID, power fluctuations while playing XVID videos, header damage, download errors, etc. are the other reasons which are responsible for the corruption of XVID video files.
Few Common Issues Related to Video File Damage:
Video files may become corrupted or damaged due to several reasons but the most common reasons behind the video file damage are:
- Files saved in bad sectors may become inaccessible or damaged. Proper caring and regular defragment will allow you to avoid bad sectors creation.
- Sometimes, video files may get damaged or corrupted if the media players get terminated improperly when the file is playing.
- Sometimes, your video file stored in electronic devices like digital cameras, smartphone, computer may get corrupted because of the firmware fault of device.
- Video files may also get corrupted when they are played in the unauthorized and worst media player.
- Video files may also get damaged because of the alteration of video file extension. Your video files may also becomes corrupted or damaged while playing video file that are not supported in that respective player.
- Corruption error may also take place when you copy or transfer video files from external data storage devices.
- Virus attack on hard drive may affect video file that are stored in it. Sharing video files with other external device which is affected with virus will also corrupt the file.
Benefits of using Video Repair Tool
There are lots of benefits of using video repair tool. This tool can easily fix different issues such as corruption or deletion of the video file. It can also rebuild the damaged video file that got damaged because of improper ejection of the storage media. One can easily repair multiple video files simultaneously. It offers you to see the preview of the corrupted or deleted files before and after the repairing process. Using this software, you can also save the repaired video file in the desired location. This software is very easy to use; it just requires a few mouse clicks to quickly repair the files.
You May Also Like:
- How To Fix Quicktime MOV Error 2048 On Mac?
- How to Recover Corrupted Recorded Videos on Mac
- Repair Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files
About Video File Repair
Sometimes users faces different issues related to their video files such as video stops suddenly, unable to play video, getting error while trying to play video, video file fails to respond, etc. If you face this kind of issue with your video file then it becomes very important to repair the file using any repair and recovery software. There are lots of video file formats that supports different media player. In this case, using Video File Repair Tool is one the best option. This tool is specifically designed to repair and recovery any kind of issue related to your video file. It is one of the most reliable and professional repair tools that can be used to repair damaged or corrupted video file. This tool is capable to repair video that used to get corrupted because of some changes made in the file format, virus attack, read/write error and compression issue. This tool can repair videos having different formats like M4V, MP4, MOV, F4A and M4A.
STEPS TO RECOVER CORRUPTED RECORDED VIDEOS ON MAC:
Step 1: Download and Install Video Repair Tool. Click on “Repair Video” to repair corrupt videos.
Step 2: Now click ‘+‘ or ‘–‘ in order to add or remove files.
Step 3: Click button to launch ‘Preview‘ of corrupt Video before repair.
Step 4: Video files are being repaired.
In this, you can easily repair and recover corrupted recorded videos on Mac very easily using the above steps.
Tips To Avoid Video File Corruption
Once a video file gets damaged or corrupt then it gets unplayable or you face error message whenever you try to play a damaged Video file. There are lots of factors that can turn a healthy video into a corrupt video file.
Some tips are given below that will help you to protect your video files from being damaged:
- Use a strong Antivirus program: Sometime video file gets damage due to the infection of computer virus/malware, this is very common issue that make a video file damaged. If you want to protect your media file from virus infection then you should use an updated antivirus program.
- Always make sure that camera’s battery is enough to record Video: If you record video file with a low battery camera then there is a chance that your video doesn’t save properly and so gets damaged. So it is strongly suggested that charge the battery of your camera before using it.
- Always use UPS with desktop system: While doing any video related operations if your computer gets unexpectedly shutdown then the related file gets damaged. To avoid improper system, shutdown it is recommended to take the help of UPS, this will prevent unwanted system shutdown and protect the file being damaged.
- Create backup of your Video files: Creating backup of all your data is the best practice to get rid of Video file corruption, through this you can protect your important file from any types of corruption issues. If file gets damaged or inaccessible then you can use the backup of your data and restore them without any harass.